Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Numero Uno

This is my first shot at one of these and I'm not really sure how it's supposed do be done, but in any case, I'll give it my best shot. I started a blog for a number of reasons. First, I've always wanted to. They seemed like my type of thing, but I'd never got around to it. Second, it'll be a good place for me to spill the thoughts I'd otherwise bore people with. Third, I feel like this is the right time. I say this because I'm trying something new, in an entirely new place. Because of this, I have a lot of thoughts, a lot of worries, and a lot to say. In a nutshell, I'm getting a taste of a life in politics in Washington DC while working for a grassroots political org. For now, I'm still entirely confused about how I feel about the job, but I'm hoping that this blog will be a good place for me to record my experiences and my progress as I make my way through this amazing city. The nation's capital is a remarkable place, I've only seen the tip of the iceberg, but I'm sold. The culture, the lifestyle, the pace..it's all amazing. I can't wait to see more. But for now, my 10 minute self-assigned break is over. It's time to return to intern business. Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Sati,
    Thank you for starting the blog. Certainly, the block is a convenient media to share your experiences and feelings.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete