Friday, July 23, 2010

The Color Purple





I feel that we, as humans, have for the most part accepted that life simply is not fair. But every now and then, something so unjustified and so incomprehensible happens that even the most disconnected and cynical human beings have to stop and beg the question as to why. An already emotionally driven person, I am helplessly searching my mind today to understand why Kevin Gahndi's life depends on a machine- droning, clicking, humming, and providing him a heartbeat. This time tomorrow, that machine will have stopped working. When faced with a decision no mother or sister should ever have to make, his family chose to stop providing the life support.

For now, I have no need to pour out my thoughts through this virtual catharsis. You see, Kevin was always frustrated with his friends because he thought we were too emotional. He was the poster child of understanding hardships, and moving on. But I can't take a page out of Kevin's book today. Moving on is hard to do when the person lost is as beautiful as him. All I want to do, is show a small display of a person more loved than he could ever understand. I just want to post a few pictures that made me think of Kevin- for one reason or another- in the color that made him known as Purple Pants himself











1 comment: