Friday, August 13, 2010

Goodbye Washington

Today is my last day in Washington, DC. The office is pretty relaxed today without a whole lot for me to do. I thought I'd take a small break and write two lists. One of things I will miss and one of things I am looking forward to back at home in California.


Things I will miss:
1. Young professionals everywhere I turn
2. The characters on the Public Transport
3. The small-town feel in a huge city
4. Attending hearings
5. The Gateway house, with all its residents and fun times
6. U Street
7. Calling the ANCA office "home" by mistake
8. Chop't
9. City sounds
10. Being surrounded by news and current events
11. Latakia jokes
12. Alex singing "Der Voghormia" in the shower
13. Being a secretary


Things I am looking forward to:
1. Not wearing work clothes every day.
2. Humidity < 90%
3. Every person I have missed
4. Seeing the stars at night
5. My car
6. A fridge with more than 1 sq. foot of space for me
7. Less rats
8. The beach
9. School
10. Better tasting food..namely sushi
11. Babies
12. Lounging
13. Pools deeper than 3 feet


That's a very small tidbit, they were really the first things to come to mind so I threw them out there :)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sati,
    Every day in Yerevan, I have three items of top-listed "Things" you miss:
    1. Young professionals everywhere I turn
    2. The characters on the Public Transport
    3. The small-town feel in a huge city

    So, when you miss these things badly, please be aware you can find them in Yerevan ...

    ReplyDelete